What standard of Personal Protective Equipment is required?
The standard of personal protective equipment used at a workplace must be:
· selected to minimise risk to health and safety
· suitable for the nature of the work and any hazard associated with the work
· a suitable size and fit and reasonably comfortable for the person wearing it
· maintained, repaired or replaced so it continues to minimise the worker’s health and safety risk, and
· used or worn by the worker, so far as is reasonably practicable.